Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Silent, Awkward Prom Table

"We went to prom last year with only one other couple. We didn't talk about anything the entire time. It was so awkward!"

Believe it or not,  I actually had an awkward prom table experience. When I was a sophomore, a senior asked me to his prom. I didn't really know him that well and I didn't want to feel awkward at prom, so I asked him to hangout a couple times before prom night came along. I wanted to feel more comfortable with the situation. Luckily, a few of my friends ended up sitting with us! I would definitely suggest to hangout with  your prom date a couple times. It eliminates the jitters! You can go out for pizza, bowling, or even have a movie night one Friday night. You will not only get to know them better, but it'll also give you the chance to talk about any details (money, transportation, site for pictures) before the big night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment